FG DECLARE SOCIAL MEDIA REPORT THAT THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE IS SHAKING AND FAULTY A HOAX
Written by Jamesbest on November 9, 2021
The Federal Government has told the public to disregard reports that the recently upgraded Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos has “opened up” and was “shaking”.
A message circulating on social media advised people to use alternative routes to avoid major disasters because part of the 3rd mainland bridge has opened up and the bridge is shaking.
Dispelling the rumours in an interview, Director, Highways South West, Adedamola Kuti said the reports are far from the truth and the handiwork of mischief makers and as such should be disregarded.
He told motorists and other road users that the bridge is safe for use.
The federal government last year closed the bridge to traffic on July 24, 2020, and reopened it on February 27, 2021, after carrying out repair works on the piles, joints, bearings, among others.